Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Maple & Market

I've been following updates about Sarah's bakes and when her shop opened, I've been looking for an opportunity to visit and one finally presented itself! We went down after a popiah snack at Old Airport Rd and tried 2 cakes!

They have about 6-7 varieties of cake on display, this maple bacon roll, scones, loaf cakes, etc on display. If I'm not wrong, the cakes below are $4.50 per slice!


Blossom
Rose cake w raspberry cream cheese frosting with raspberries & caramelised pistachios btwn the layers

I thought this cake would be light and fluffy, a joy to eat, but I was wrong. The cake layers are too dense for my liking and the rose flavour didnt shine through which was what I wanted. Raspberry frosting was q good though. 


Cassia
Full of applesauce so the cake has a dense & rich texture + lovely taste of cinnamon
Stroop waffles in btwn the layers + on top

This was v dense as well, and we didnt like it. Cant taste apples/cinnamon, dont really know what you're eating!!!

I really really wanted to like the cakes here, I've been waxing lyrical to the boy about how pretty the cakes look and the good reviews + I like Sarah's blog + I tried Sadie Rose (when Sarah was still there) and I q like it! But in the end the cakes were really too dense for our liking. I guess if you like dense cakes then this is the place for you! But if you like fluffy cakes like Fabulous Baker Boy, then well we felt they were really diff in terms of texture!

The eat-in area is really small, can fit about <10 people? They also hold baking classes at the venue

Maple & Market
34 Cassia Crescent #01-82
6348 8068
Tues-Fri 12pm-10pm
Sat-Sun 10am-10pm





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...